Danger! Lost in space...

In one of his classic comedy routines, George Carlin says that a house is "just a pile of stuff with a cover on it," and, "If you didn't have so much stuff, you wouldn't need a house. You could just walk around all the time." I see his point and I raise him one. I think a house is also a guardian for our "space," which is just as important as the stuff we cram into that space.

This routine reminds me of a close friend that I have known for many years. She can't commit to marriage or cohabitation. Why? I believe it's a "space" issue, as in "my space is my space." She is unwilling (or unable) to share her space on a permanent basis. This "unwilling to commit" friend owns a nice large house, and has for quite a few years. She is in a long-term monogamous relationship with a significant other who also owns a nice large home. On a weekly basis, this couple goes between two houses. One night here, two nights there, a couple nights alone, and so on. This has been going on for years. Now, the significant other has started to rock the boat, and jeopardize her space. Yes, things are beginning to heat up in their relationship. Unfortunately, I don't mean in the bedroom.

I've been here with this couple before and they've always worked it out, which is shorthand for keeping the living arrangements separate but together. This time I'm worried. I fear that my "unwilling to commit" friend may lose something precious. She may lose someone she truly loves and respects — someone who loves and respects her. This friend's more than willing to commit significant other is finally getting impatient (if you can call six years impatient). Personally, I think it's time for my friend to fish or cut bait. The problem is that she doesn't want to cut bait. She wants to fish — but from separate boats.

A few years ago, this friend (reluctantly) and her significant other entertained the possibility of selling both homes and buying a new, larger home — together. Never happened. They spent a few afternoons looking at new homes before one of them (I think you can guess who) decided that it would be too expensive. After all, my friend told me, there are taxes, landscaping, and new furnishings and window coverings to consider. Instead of roommates, they became stalemates. Danger lurks around every corner. Every time this couple attends a wedding, or simple family gathering, someone invariably says, "Hey, what about you two...isn't it about time you guys finally got married?" They never enjoy a pleasant drive home from these events. No matter which house they return to, their boats are rocking so much that they're in peril of capsizing.

Okay, I hear a little grumbling out there. Yes, it could be that this friend hasn't committed to the act of matrimony because her significant other is not the right one...her one and only. I don't think this is the case. This couple has a vacation home together, joint estate trusts — even health care directives. They spend the majority of their nights together in one or the other's home. They even have pets together...if you can call this arrangement "together." Besides, even if we take the wedding rings out of the picture, my friend still can't commit to living together 7-days a week — which is all her significant other really wants. He doesn't want to be a guest in her home anymore, and he doesn't want her to be a guest in his home. He wants to be together. Together-together.

So, after months of listening to my friend tell me the same story over and over again, I finally weighed in. I told this friend that she is "lost in space," and that she's in danger. I told her that if she truly loves this man (and I know she does), she must find a way to compromise. I told her that he wants to grow as a couple, not just exist as a couple. He wants to plan for their retirement life together...not just the finances. I told her that he is tired of running between two households like children shuffled back and forth between divorced parents. I tell my friend that she should take his desire to live together as a couple into consideration — that it isn't all about her anymore. I also tell her to be careful because she just might get what she wants: Space — and plenty of it.

I'm not being mean, or insensitive, to my friend's plight. Just the opposite. I understand her situation very well. I used to be lost in space. I couldn't commit until I was well into my thirties...and barely even then. Space used to be my best friend. I remember how comforting my space was back then. I could enjoy it whenever I wanted, whenever I needed, or whenever I had a disagreement (fight) with a boyfriend. I could go to my space alone. I could be alone. I could answer to no one but myself while in my space. Plus, I could keep all of my "stuff" there. My friend Mary could tell you about the extreme anxiety attacks I suffered when I gave up my place to move in with my husband a year before we married. I lost 10-pounds in one week. The wedding was actually anticlimactic as far as anxiety goes. Space was no longer an issue. My stuff was in storage. Eventually we moved into a larger home and my stuff came out of storage. It was all mish-mash, nothing matched. We ended up getting rid of most of my "stuff" and most of his "stuff." Then we went out and bought some new "stuff" together and piled it into a 3-bedroom, 3-bath house. End of story? Not quite.

Once you're a space junkie (even a reformed one), you're always susceptible to regression. I know I was. Right after my husband and I married, I started a new business with an office in Newport Beach. Can you guess what I did? That's right. I started collecting more stuff to put in this new space. Yes, my office quickly became my space. I loved that office. I loved the space...and I loved filling it up with my stuff. I realize now that my office was a glorified apartment. I could live there if need be. With the extended hours I worked, I nearly did. So, déjà vu. When I closed this office almost two years ago, to take a much-needed sabbatical, I suffered those same anxiety attacks I had years earlier. Another interesting thing happened. I had to fight my way back into the space I had called home for over five years. Seems my husband liked his space as much as I liked mine. While I was busy spending too much time in my office, he had staked claim to almost every portion of our home, including which brand of milk we bought, or coffee — even the type of paper towels and toilet paper we used. All I had left was my car. Unfortunately, it was over on mileage, so I had to park it for six months and drive our weekend car – which is really my husband's tricked-out Yukon, complete with a nifty Trout Unlimited tow hitch. Point is, I survived.

I recognize now that this attachment to my office prompted my decision to "come home." Once I realized how important that physical space had become to me, I knew I had to make a change. My husband and I were in dangerous waters...we could easily drift apart. Our nest was almost empty. The youngest son was leaving for college and we had no pets for the first time in years. There I was in my space worried that my husband would be lonely in his. Sure, I was burnt out from working long hours, but I could have kept it up for a few more years. The home front was another matter. It wasn't as forgiving. Giving up my office was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made — especially as I didn't know all of my reasons for doing so at the time. What I did know was that I needed to do it quickly. What I didn't know was that my husband had prostate cancer. Neither did he. He was too young; the test was just a precaution. Nevertheless, there they were...those nasty little cancer cells threatening to ruin our lives, just as we finally started living them again — together.

I've had a while to think about those little cells, and it's time I let them off the hook. Sure, I can be a bit magnanimous now, as my husband is cancer-free and with no side effects. However, I am thankful for more than my husband's physical health. I am grateful for our positive emotional health together. Even though it's taken me awhile to get here, I can finally admit that those scary little cells played a major role in calming the dangerous waters that threatened to drift us apart. You see, that space issue was going to be a problem. Like a husband who retires and gets in his wife's way, I was in my husband's way. Constantly. I didn't park his Yukon in the garage correctly. I didn't load the dishwasher correctly and I stocked up on too many jars of mayo and other condiments. Most importantly, I didn’t buy Miracle Whip...I bought Best Foods. This went on for several months, until the day of my husband's surgery. Then my husband let go of his own space issues and let me in. He trusted me. He let me love him and care for him. Thank goodness I was there for him and happy to do it...and not worrying about a senseless deadline that didn't really matter. He let me do things that he normally insisted on doing himself. In turn, I stopped missing my space — my office, my clients, even my car. I also started buying Miracle Whip (once in awhile).

If my husband and I had only been "dating," or dividing our time between two households, or even between my space in my office and his space in our home, we might not have made it over this road bump as a couple. Sure, I expect that another bump will come along again (and again). How happy I am that I came home from my office. I'm thankful that my friend Mary helped me through those long ago anxiety attacks – and that I married my husband. Finally, I'm happy that my husband no longer nags me about which toilet paper I buy or how I load the dishwasher. We're still working on the parking thing.

So, if George Carlin is right, and "If you didn't have so much stuff, you wouldn't need a house. You could just walk around all the time," then I know that I could give up my stuff and my house because I am confident that I would still walk through life — content, and with my husband by my side. I'm not sure how this would work out for my "lost in space" friend. She may end up walking solo, or inhabiting that cherished "cover for her stuff" all by herself. This might be perfectly okay...just what she wants today. What about tomorrow — when she hits one of life's little road bumps?

Please don't think I advocate staying with someone just to be with someone. I'm simply pointing out that we can lose someone we truly care about just because we can't find space for them in our lives. Finding space is not the answer. We have to make the space. Like that long ago trip to the moon, a little space exploration may be worth the effort. This usually involves one small step for one person; and one giant leap (of faith) for another. Sure, it could be a wild and bumpy ride, but I believe Neil Armstrong said it was the ride of his life.

“Fly me to the moon and let me swing among the stars. Let me find what springtime's like on Jupiter and Mars...”

Dedicated to my "Lost in Space" friend: Sometimes there are reasons why we should (or shouldn't) do something — reasons that don't reveal themselves until after the fact. Making a decision in the face of the unknown involves trust...trust in other people, trust in ourselves. I trust you get my point.

© 2006 Teresa G. Franta

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful for you and your husband that you, he, and your marriage were able to not only survive the prostate cancer, but thrive together as well.

The space issue was a major one for my husband and me, too... and still is sometimes. He was older, and accustomed to living his life without answering to anyone. In his first marriage, they were two people who shared an address, two kids, and a marriage license. Even now, I sometimes have to knock on his forehead, "hello? It's your wife! Let me in!"

I hope your "lost in space" friend can work out her issues with the six year relationship.

I'll second Izzy's toast, "To sharing space"
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Izzy...what a great comment. Thank you for "sharing" your space hording tendencies...emotional or not. I'm happy that you are a true team again. It makes a difference.

Here's to sharing space...

Ciao chica...have a great week.

P.S. I like to gamble too.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Raynwomaan...I agree. Two people sharing an address only, or a marriage license only are not a couple. I'm glad that your husband now knows, thanks to you, what a true couple (or marriage) is all about. It's answering to each other isn't it? And buying Miracle Whip that you can not stand...

Ciao chica...have a great week and thanks (as always) for the great comment. You get right to the meat of the matter, just like another friend of mine. Love it.
Angel said…
Oh lordy~ this is such a loaded subject and I think we have all suffered with or are suffering with. Emotional(thanks Izzy- back to therapy I go) and physical.

I of course don't know your friend, but ask her one thing;

Does she have any doubts about them as a couple?

If the answer is no, it's time to pee or give the stall to someone who really has the urge.

If the answer is yes, it's def time to give up the throne.

Doubt means don't.

OOoo, gotrta run, my therapist is on the other line!
B.S. said…
Commenting on this post is very difficult for me and I've revised several times. I just hope your friend gets smart before she loses a great relationship. Humans are pack animals by nature, and it's only our dysfunction which causes us to try to go it alone. I speak from painful experience.

Hugs,
Betty
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Angel (of the Dawn)...yes, I see said the blind man. This one probably hit home (direct hit) with you as well.

No doubt you'll get through it much the same as I did. The Irish goodies are a great start! Like the Miracle Whip. :)

Ciao chica...
Priyamvada_K said…
Dear Teri,
First off, kudos to you and your hubby for beating prostate cancer as a team and for being through so much together. And eternal damnation to those little $%^& unwanted cells that had no business growing in the first place. Your post gives me hope that the cells could be beaten.

Space is such a painful topic. My ex-husband was such a space hoarder, he would even make me send 'separate' cards to people we know, on festival days. He didn't want us to even sign cards jointly. Wouldn't commit to anything, and was constantly angry at being 'married'. But didn't want to let go of me either. Wouldn't commit to being fully in or fully out of the relationship, and seemed to love the cat-on-the-wall status. I empathize and sympathize with your friend's mate.

My now-ex bf, scarred from a divorce himself, had space issues too. He was ready to get married. But - for whatever reason, won't let me 'in' emotionally. Was open at first - but the fears took over, and he shut me out. Its not fun to be regarded with suspicion all the time, so I pulled out.

Now I'm scared to be so ready to share. I've tried and tried and am tired.

Priya.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Betty...I understand your difficulty. I had no idea when I started this article that I would end up writing about myself, and so candidly at that. I usually hide between the lines, as if you didn't notice.

Thanks for commmenting - and here's to painful experience. Where would we be without it. I wish I knew. (insert wry smile here.)

Ciao bella...have a great week.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Priya...see my comment to Betty. One can only hope that our painful experiences lead to something better. You are wise, and have learned from these lessons well. Would that we could all be so patient.

I also remember that tired feeling you speak about. This too shall pass chica. A big hearty smile is waiting for you just around the corner...wish I could tell you which corner. Alas, I cannot. But you'll know. :)

Ciao bella...have a great week. Try to do something this week just for you, however small it may be.
Kacey said…
How well I remember George Carlin's routine of "stuff" and how you have to keep getting bigger and bigger spaces to accomodate your "stuff"! Eventually in life, your "stuff" owns you instead of visa versa.
We have Ohio "stuff" and Florida "stuff" and don't want to give up either pile.
Perhaps, your friend should take a month's leave from her man and decide which one she would rather give up --- the guy or the "stuff". It sounds like he is expendable. You might remind her that "A good man, nowadays, is hard to find". Or, you might tell her that it's so nice to have someone you love with you when you hit the golden years. (especially if he lets you be in charge of decisions involving "stuff")
Has your darlin' hubby offered to give you garage parking instructions?
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Kacey...I knew I would enjoy your comment. The stuff issue does seem to "pile" up, doesn't it?

Not so sure my friend's man is expendable. I kind of think he's a keeper, but this friend has had several "keepers" through the years as far as I am concerned, but then my opinion doesn't matter now does it? This one though has been very patient, and is looking forward to those golden years you speak of... We shall see what happens here, or doesn't.

As for the parking instructions, shame on you chica...you know very well that it's the instructions that "drive" me crazy, and probably keep me from hitting that little tennis ball my husband so thoughtfully hung up as a guide. I guess I had to choose between the tennis ball and the Miracle Whip...or rather my husband did.

Ciao chica...hope you're having a "ball" with your Florida stuff.
Tai said…
You have such a talent for make me stop in my tracks and making me think.
How 'self' applicable that post is for me, and thank you for writing it!
Can't wait till next week!
Priyamvada_K said…
Dear Teri,
Thanks for the comforting words. Hope you have a fun weekend and a great week ahead!

Priya.
Reach said…
Dear Teri,
As the worst type of “space hoarder”, a confirmed bachelor raising (or raised) his son, I am going to say your article hit the nail on the head.

I would like to congratulate your team, your husband and you, on the successful strengthening in your alliance. In today’s society, it truly requires teamwork to beat the odds and prove success. While you may view your situation as “still working on it” or not, your bond has achieved and progressed so much further than many other couples, this will stand the test of time and lead to your future “happy years”.

As for your friend, I do hope she can come to a mutual agreement and she does not walk out of this lonely or alone. Believe me, it is not worth it, I know because I have been single for many years.

My best,

Reach
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Tai...thank you! I'm so glad you've become a regular. As for next week, I have no clue what I'll write about...so it will be a surprise for us both.

Ciao for now...and have a great week.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Priya...back at you chica. :)
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Reach...here's to teamwork! Thank you for your wonderful comment. I like that everyone who comes here can always relate to a bit of what I have to say. And yes, I look forward to those happy years, and hope you are right.

My friend will work it out, I am sure, and whatever she decides will be the right decision, because that's how it works, doesn't it? A little justification here, there and everywhere.

Ciao my fellow space hoarder...enjoy the week.
Debbie said…
I fully understand the space issue. My husband of almost 9--yes count them 9 years was MIA for 2 of them and only was just allowed to move back in last November. I had gotten very used to being just me and the kid and we did what WE wanted and I never had to worry about anyone else. Life was harder in lots of ways but way easier in others. Good luck to everyone I hope we all figure this stuff out.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Debbie, I completely understand. I think I answered a comment above with the taking into consideration the "weighing-in" of the other person. It takes time and patience. A lot of it sometimes - by all parties involved. Good luck to you...I hope you find balance between the "harder" and the "easier."

Ciao chica...thank you for joining in the discussion. Have a great week.
Kacey said…
Oh Teri--- I just have to tell you---my darling husband must be related to yours. He hung a tennis ball on his side of the garage, but I opted for a cute little "Snoopy" hung from fishline on my side. Poor Snoopy --- one day in the rain, I drove in with the windshield wipers on intermittent --- they knocked Snoopy for a loop and I shut him in the car door. Snoopy has a split personality now and "the husband" is thinking of hanging a brick from the fishline!
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Kacey...oh my gosh, thank you for the laugh. I needed that. I am still laughing, albeit at poor little snoopy's "split personality" expense. Good luck with the brick...

Ciao chica...and again, I am still laughing. Thanks. :)
Anonymous said…
It's funny, I can be a total packrat and space hog yet there's always an empty room for the right person. I don't quite understand how that works! ;)

Good post. :)
Reach said…
Dear Teri,
I apologize for moving off topic; however, I thought you might wish to see my latest update.

Reach
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Nicole...Funny, I am the same way. My brother and nephew are coming this weekend, and lo and behold, this packrat has plenty of cleared out space for them. Must be my husband's influence!

Ciao chica...how's your new friend, MC, doing? :)
The Miracle Whip/Mayo debate is a big one. Maybe bigger than the space issue. Kidding, but it's a big deal if you were raised on one or the other.

After 3 years in 2 households my SO and I are not quite ready to share space, for a few good reasons: he still has a grown child (I mean it like that) in his, his will need a ton of work to sell, and he built it so is very attached to it. I have only been in my house a year and am not ready to move again and want a bigger space for the both of us. Many of our family and friends are starting to ask, when? I anticipate it will happen, but it may take a few more years.

Glad your husband beat the Big C and that you avoided the mid-marriage drift.
BabyGirl said…
You and your husband are so lucky.

~~You both saw something more precious than the 'me' space you'd created.

Sometimes the united gift you give to each other is worth more than the treasures one gives up to attain it.
Anonymous said…
I'm not sure I have much to say about sharing space with a significant other - I could talk a lot about sharing it with roommates!

Your article made me think of a book I read recently while researching for my own work. Although the writing is basic, the messages within were quite interesting. For anyone who is interested in reading about women, money, and sharing your life with a man in today's (or yesterday's) society, check out, Money, A Memoir : Women, Emotions, and Cash by Liz Perle.

Great topic, Teri. Miss ya!
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Juliemora...loved your comment. Yes the Miracle Whip vs. Best Foods is a biggie, if you've ever gone through it. Now we have both on hand, most of the time.

You've only put three years in so far...you've got another two at least before you have to fish or cut bait. At least according to my calculations. :)

Thanks for the good wishes...and back at you.

Ciao chica...and have a great week.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear babygirl...yes, we are lucky. Far from perfect though. (Thank goodness) We battle it out when need be. We are both a little stubborn, but I think we choose our battles wisely and let go of what doesn't really matter. It's united that we put out our best effort...I think that is what you see, and you are right.

Here's to the united gift. Thank you for reminding me - and thanks for stopping by.

Ciao for now...babygirl bailey.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear A Cat...now which alley have you been hiding in? Yes, I suppose you would know a thing or two about the roommate and space issue. I can remember my days of roommates way back when. No thanks. Even though I had a lot of fun, I could never do that again. Nothing was sacred, or private...not even boyfriends!

I'm eager to check out the book you mention. Also, I would love to hear what you're working on now. Give me a shout when you can...or vice versa.

Miss you A Cat...ciao!
Sarah Beth said…
ugh - i couldn't load the dishwasher correctly either, or so my last cohabitator said. :) i got a big laugh out of that one.

your timing is quite appropriate for me ... my boyfriend and i are about to move in together. and i know i'm tired of moving back and forth like a child of divorce.

the space thing scares the heck out of me. i actually had a panic attack after we spoke to our apartment manager. yet i know it's what i want to do and i'm ready. it's strange to feel those two things at once.

thanks for the insight. came at a good time.

ciao!
Chris said…
Another fantasic post, Teri. I know some people with space issues of their own, and I will point them in the direction of this article. :)
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Sarah (Somebody Girl)...good for you. Panic attacks don't mean you are making the wrong decision...they mean you are really thinking things through (sometimes too much)...at least that's how I prefer to view them. I've only had three in my lifetime and all three involved space issues.

Glad this was timely...and good luck on keeping some space.

Ciao chica...have a great week.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Chris...there you are. Thank you! Hope all is well in your world...mine still too crazy.

Hmmmmm? The brevity of your reply this time makes me think you are free of space issues...if so, I wouldn't be surprised. You don't strike me as a "space" hoarder. Too well rounded, a giver of space if anything. Am I right?

Good to hear from you...and have a great week.

Ciao...
Chris said…
I actually don't have many space issues myself. I share my space pretty readily (sometimes TOO readily) and am also willing to give space to others when they need it. I am a big fan of stuff, however. I'm something of a pack rat.

Life is hectic here too. I'm fighting some kind of quasi-cold-allergy thing and it's really annoying. Plus, work was a bit hellish yesterday, which is why I had to wait until today to visit.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Chris...the "too readily" is what I thought. I too am fighting off some strange flu-allergy thing. Not fun...and my day was hellish yesterday as well. Hope we both get back on track.

Ciao fellow pack rat! Feel better.
Chris said…
You feel better too. :)
Leann said…
You just described my sister to a T. She is definetly in her own space, has been in a couple of committed relationships but can't let go of her space.

Pretty scary!!
fjl said…
I think your lost in space friend must be me! xx I can't imagine living without my home and it looks so pretty in the Oxford Spring sunlight.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Leann...Here's to letting go of our space...or at least sharing it. If not, scary indeed! Or shall I say lonely?

Ciao chica...thanks for stopping by.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear FJL...enjoy your Oxford Spring Sunlight. I can imagine that you might want to keep it all to yourself...but I am equally as sure that when it is time to share - with the right person - that you might give in just a bit.

Enjoy chica...ciao.
moderator said…
Hmmm - I wonder if I come from another dimension - when my husband and I moved in together and merged our stuff - it was no big deal. Maybe not having any "space" issues accounts for nearly 30 years together?

Diva Leigh
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Diva Leigh...yep, you're lucky. But also, the younger you are when you merge, I think it is easier. The longer we have to get used to our "space," the harder it is to share it. Fortunately, I have over 16-years with my husband and look forward to hitting that 30 mark in 14-years. Guess that means I'll be buying a lot of Miracle Whip.

Ciao Divas...I'll see you soon at your place. Thanks for stopping by.
DeAnn said…
You know, I have "space" issues, too (as in my space is MY space), but I managed to find someone I hope to cohabitate with for the rest of my life. I think it's more about finding the right person, though, than anything else. All of the rest are just details.
Sideways Chica said…
Ahhhh DeAnn...I agree. However, sometimes I find that life is in the details. Here's to not getting caught up in the details...and also not ignoring.

Best wishes to you for finding your special someone. Here's to the rest of your life.

Ciao chica...thanks for stopping by and have a great week.
Callisto said…
My husband's 'space' had long been inside his own head, still is to a small degree. A horror childhood had taught him not to share himself with anyone. Luckily for him (and for me), he found that he was able to share himself with me. He still retreats into himself now and then but I hold out my hand to him and he comes back to me. Mind you we both have our own computers, we don't seem to share cyberspace very readily!
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Callisto...nice to hear from you. How great that your husband has you - and vice versa.

As for the cyberspace thing - no worries, my husband and I don't share that either.

Here's to holding out your hand...

Ciao chica...have a great week.
Shankari said…
Whywhywhywhy Teri, did I have to miss this one post?

Anyway it is as relevant to me this weekend as it may have been last weekend- space n stuff? Space, for a person who seems so open to share herself freely, I admit to being an awful space sharer. I do hold out against the world- keeping major chunks of me totally off-limits. It doesn't help that the SO is significantly so too :(
We do at times even put much physical distance between us, but as you may recall from my comment on your 'In the bag'(?) post, we always carry each other around - all the time, in our heads, hearts, phones... :p
We do negotiate that carefully drawn line between togetherness and retaining our space, even after eons of marriage- but it is tough work. Maybe it would have been simpler and easier to share better, but...
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Shankari...no worries that you commented late...at least you came and shared "My" space. The article in which you refer to, I believe, is "Quit screaming in my purse."

Whatever space issues you and the SO have, I do believe that your wit, intelligence, and care-giving heart will carry you through the minor obstacle courses...and road bumps you might encounter.

Thanks for stopping by chica.
Sideways Chica said…
Dear Blue Heron...

Your comment could have been written exactly the same by me. So let me just say "Ditto" chica. I agree.

Ciao and thanks for weighing in...I always love getting your "take" on my musings.

Fan Favorites

Meet the Bickersons.

Love thy neighbor...

Hotel, motel or no-tell Fred